Roasted Eggplant with Tahini Sauce
Simple, yet savory, roasted eggplant drizzled with a freshly made tahini sauce is a delicious and healthy way to get in those important vegetable servings. The smoky taste of the eggplant is perfectly complemented by the tangy, nutty tahini.
- 2 medium sized eggplant, sliced into 1/2” slices
- 2 tbsp tahini paste
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, and mist with cooking spray or an olive oil mister.
- Place eggplant slices evenly onto baking sheet (you may need 2-3 baking sheets), mist with olive oil mister or cooking spray, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until well browned, about 20-30 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- Meanwhile, combine tahini paste, water, lemon juice, garlic, and paprika in a small bowl. Season with salt.
- Place roasted eggplant slices on serving dish and pour tahini sauce over them evenly. Garnish with parsley.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: Middle Eastern
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about 1 cup
Each serving = 2 Points +
PER SERVING: 83 calories; 3g fat; 12g carbohydrates; 2.5g protein; 6g fiber